World's Largest Supplier of Linear Shaft Motors
Linear motors come in a variety of technologies and styles, including brush or brushless, and configured as flat iron-core, U-shaped, or tubular. Nippon Pulse’s tubular Linear Shaft Motor consists of a magnetic shaft and coil assembly (forcer) which can be integrated into a mechanical assembly and driven with a brushless DC servo drive. These linear motor actuators can replace ball and lead screw, pneumatic, and conventional flat or U-Channel linear actuation systems.
- Range of shaft diameters: 4mm to 100mm
- Stroke lengths: 20mm to 4.6M
- Achievable peak forces more than 3000N
- Continuous force up to 600N
Selecting the Best Linear Motor Actuator for your Application
- Outline the motions that you’re trying to achieve
- Find the acceleration traverse and deceleration times need for each movement
- Specify the time between each movement
- Average the force/current needed for all of the moves (RMS average)
- Find a shaft motor with an RMS Force of RMS current larger than what is needed for your move
- Find a power supply and amplifier that can provide the currents needed for your moves (peak and RMS currents
Linear Motor Applications
The Linear Shaft Motor can be built for a variety of operating environments, including in water, vacuums, or clean rooms.
- High-speed pick-and-place machines
- High-accuracy pick-and-place or dispensing applications
- Scanners that need smooth and precise movements
- Long-life and low-maintenance expectations
- Applications that require low power and high efficiency
Linear Motor Simplicity >
The simple structure of a magnetic shaft and coil assembly (forcer) experiences minimal wear and is entirely maintenance-free, keeping your machinery running longer with less downtime and a significant cost reduction throughout its lifespan.
Linear Motor Precision >
With no iron in the forcer or shaft, ultra-high precision is achievable with zero cogging for applications that require extreme smoothness of motion in machine operation.
Linear Motion Accuracy >
High-performance positioning with encoder resolutions less than 10nm enable a positioning accuracy of ±1.2 pulses of encoder resolution for improved yield of high precision processes.
Linear Motion Strength >
Rare-earth magnets, the strongest magnets available, add to the intensity of the magnetic field and thus allowing a small amount of current to produce large amounts of force for low power and high efficiency machines.
Linear Motor Speed >
Able to efficiently move large amounts of weight accurately and smoothly at high speeds, increasing throughput and profitability.
Manuals and literature
- *Nippon Pulse Product Catalog
- L160 Datasheet
- L250 Datasheet
- L250xS Datasheet
- L320 Datasheet
- L320xS Datasheet
- L350xS Datasheet
- Linear Shaft Motor Installation Guide (Rev. L)
- LSM System Design
- Panasonic Control Drive
- S040 Datasheet
- S080 Datasheet
- S120 Datasheet
- S160 Datasheet
- S200 Datasheet
- S250 Datasheet
- S320 Datasheet
- S350 Datasheet
- S500 Datasheet
- S605 Datasheet
- SMART Lite (tablets)
- SMART Sizing (2.5.2)
- SX060 Datasheet
- SX080 Datasheet
- SX080-X0 Datasheet
- SX100 Datasheet
- SX100-X0 Datasheet